UPDATE 13th October 2020
Further to recent government announcements the studio is currently closed until further notice. We look forward to welcoming you back under the conditions detailed below very soon.
UPDATE 1st September 2020
We are delighted to welcome you back to MDI!
We are following government guidance and legislature to ensure you are returning to dance safely.
We will be operating a phased reopening between September and December. Classes will be running on Tues-Thurs (Sept) and Mon-Fri (Oct-Dec). Classes will be announced as and when they are confirmed over the coming weeks. For the timebeing we will not be open on weekends.
We have introduced a number of changes and new guidelines that will be in place over the coming months. Please read these carefully before booking / visiting.
Changes to Classes
- Classes have a reduced studio capacity (10 students) to allow for relevant social distancing in class and around the building.
- Class times have been reduced to allow for cleaning between classes and rehearsals
- We are operating a phased re-opening, which means we’ll only be open on certain days of the week rather than 7 days.
Safety & Hygiene
- We have increased the sanitising of floors, surfaces and common touch points
- We have introduced hand sanitising stations and are providing disposable makes and anti-bacterial wipes
- We are increasing ventilation by keeping studio windows open at all times
- We have introduced hygiene and social distancing signage
- All classes must be booked in advance as per the instructions on the individual class page. We cannot allow drop-ins during this time.
- Please do not book a class or come to the studio if you are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms (high temperature, new continuous cough or loss of / change to your sense of smell or taste), have been in contact with anyone who has, or have been advised to shield or quarantine.
- Please contact your teacher or rehearsal group host directly should you have any questions about their class content or their policies regarding the wearing of face masks whilst in class.
- Please complete our Registration & Monitoring Form before visiting the studio.
- By booking a class you agree to adhere to these guidelines and take full responsibility for your own hygiene and respect the safety of others.
- Please arrive in the clothes you intend to practice in and bring limited personal belongings. Storage shelves will be provided for outdoor shoes, should you need to change them. We recommend bringing / storing shoes in a bag that you can wash when you get home).
- Please bring your own bottle of water as kitchen facilities will not be available.
- We no longer have yoga mats on site. Please bring your own (clean) mat if your class requires it.
- Upon arrival at MDI, follow queuing guidelines and wait for your instructor to greet you.
- Your temperature will be taken with a contactless thermometer. Anyone above 37.8 Celsius will be deemed to have a high temperature and will not be allowed into the building.
- Upon entering the building, please check-in with your phone using our dedicated QR code. To make the check-in process more effective, please download the evePASS app prior to your visit.
- Please follow all instructional signage and adhere to floor markings.
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly during your visit. You will find sanitiser stations in the entrance hall and outside Studio 2.
- When using soap and water, please wash thoroughly for 20 seconds. Please dispose of hand-towels in the designated bins.
- We advise you to wear face masks around the building. The compulsory wearing of masks in class will be at your teachers discretion. We respect all diagnosed medical conditions that may make you exempt.
- Wash your hands before putting on a mask and change your mask if you have touched it or if it gets damp. Please dispose of used masks in the designated bins.
- We have allowed 10-15 minutes at the end of each class for studio cleaning. Please do not enter the studio before your instructor advises and leave the studio and building promptly and safely once your class is over.
- Please keep studio windows open at all times to allow for increased ventilation.
- Please adhere to all floor markings.
- Please help yourself to sanitiser and anti-bacterial wipes. Dispose of wipes safely in the designated bins.
- Fire-safety and first-aid procedures must take precedence over social distancing guidelines.
- Please help protect others by wiping any surfaces you have touched with the ant-bacterial wipes available.
Please check this page and our social media pages regularly for any updates to the above procedures and guidelines.
Please also stay updated with Government and NHS Guidance:
The health of our staff, artists, students, teachers and hirers is our first priority. Thank you for bearing with us during this time as we navigate these new processes.