This is our current advice and position, but given today’s government briefing we will be implementing further measures which we will be announcing in a statement on Wednesday.
We are following official guidance from the UK Government and Public Health England very closely, ensuring we are up to date at all times. The team at MDI are being kept fully briefed of the exact health and safety requirements and we are undertaking rigorous measures to ensure the best possible hygiene standards throughout our building.
To help combat the spread of COVID-19, we’ve already started putting precautionary measures in place, including:
- Fully training staff on prevention steps
- Ensuring all staff wash their hands more frequently and thoroughly
- Cleaning high contact points in our building more frequently
- Installing hand sanitisers in each studio
- Ensuring sanitising hand soap is provided in all of our toilets
- We have cancelled our Dance for Parkinson and our over 50s classes until further notice
- Working closely with local health authorities
We request all studio hirers:
- To communicate clearly to your participants about the cleaning requests above
- If MDI equipment is used its wiped down after use with cleaning products available in each studio
We request all studio users:
- Please bring your own mats for yoga and pilates classes
- Please wash hands before and after class
- Use card for payment at all MDI classes
Please adhere to the government guidelines and stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
Our building is open as normal and we look forward to welcoming you to MDI
We will continue to keep in touch with you and follow official guidance from the UK Government and Public Health England carefully.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
The MDI Team